- Ensure the floor is clean and all weak or loose paints or screeds are removed.
- Once cleared, carry out the final surface preparation using: Etch IT – for a clean, unpainted surface. Degrease IT – for floors with oil and grease contamination. Mechanical preparation – is necessary if you need to remove old coatings screeds or if you are wanting to smooth out the surface.
- Ensure your application tools are unwrapped, made up and ready to use.
- Gradually add the entire contents of a 25kg unit to 7.5-8.5L of clean water in a suitable bucket, mixing continuously while adding the powder. For best results use a heavy-duty slow speed drill with a mixing paddle.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes after all the powder has been added until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Two coats of Aquatex should be applied using a brush or medium pile roller
- The first coat should be applied in a horizontal direction (Left-to-right).
- Once the first coat has cured, Aquaplug can be used to fill and seal off any weep holes or joints. This only takes 3-5minutes to cure.
- After 24 hours apply a second coat in a vertical direction. (Top-to-bottom).
- Do not retemper stiffened material.
If you have a joint that is leaking between a wall and the floor, or any other situation that is not covered in the steps above, please contact our technical advisers on 01234 846400
For professional flooring advice, talk to one of our ‘Polycote Pros’ today on 0800 980 0852, get a quick answer from our team via Live Chat or email us at [email protected]Back to guides
- Mixing Paddle
- Hand Brushes
- Medium Pile Roller