Skip to content
- Ensure the floor is clean and all weak or loose paints or screeds are removed.
- Once cleared, carry out the final surface preparation using: Etch IT – for a clean, unpainted surface. Degrease IT – for floors with oil and grease contamination. Mechanical preparation – is necessary if you need to remove old coatings screeds or if you are wanting to smooth out the surface.
- Ensure your application tools are unwrapped, made up and ready to use.
- Remove the lids of Part A (may be marked as ‘Resin’ or ‘Base’) and Part B (may be marked as ‘Hardener’ or ‘Curing Agent’).
- Mix Part A separately to ensure any settlement in the can is stirred into the product.
- Mix Part A and Part B together using a slow-speed drill for 2-3 minutes until both are completely mixed together and smooth.
- Pour the mixed product into a roller scuttle or paint tray.
- Using a hand brush, paint the product around the edges of the area you are working in. Be careful not to waste the product.
- Once you have been painting the edge for around 5-10 minutes, start rolling the remaining product on the floor using a roller kit with a medium pile roller head. (Do not use foam). Please note: At this point you will only have 15-20 minutes left of your working time.
- To add a non-slip aggregate:
- As you are applying the coating, sprinkle the granules over the wet paint and, using the same roller, roll over the aggregate to cover it.
For professional flooring advice, talk to one of our ‘Polycote
Pros’ today on 0800 980 0852, get a quick answer from our team
via Live Chat or email us at [email protected]
Back to guides